If you are a woman who is tired of shoveling the snow from your driveway, then this blog post is for you! We are here to help you on your journey to find the best snowblowers for women. There are many different designs and brands that it can be tough to decide which one is best. This article will help break down some of these differences so that you can make an informed decision about which product best suits your needs.
- 1 Best Snowblowers for Women
- 1.1 Most Ergonomic Snowblower for Women: Snow Joe SJ625E Electric Walk-Behind Single Stage Snow Thrower/Blower, 21-Inch Clearing Width, 15-AMP Motor, Directional Chute Control, LED Light
- 1.2 Best Snowblower for Women for Use on Paths and Small Driveways: Snow Joe ION18SB-HYB 18-Inch 40 Volt Single Stage Brushless Snow Blower, Kit (Hybrid w/4.0-Ah Battery + Quick Charger)
- 1.3 Best Snowblower for Women for Use on Large Driveways: Troy-Bilt Squall 208cc Electric Start 21-Inch Single Stage Gas Snow Thrower
- 1.4 Best Snowblower for Professional Use: EGO Power+ SNT2110 21-Inch Self-Propelled 2-Stage Snow Blower with Peak Power Battery and Charger Not Included
- 1.5 Best Beginner Snowblower for Women: Greenworks 13 Amp 20-Inch Corded Snow Thrower, 2600502
- 1.6 Best Durable Snowblower for Women: Briggs & Stratton 1022E 22-Inch Single-Stage Snow Blower with Push Button Electric Start
- 2 What Types of Snowblowers are There?
- 3 Advantages of the Best Snowblowers for Women
- 4 What to Consider when Buying the Best Snowblowers for Women
- 5 How to Use a Snowblower
- 6 FAQs About the Best Snowblowers for Women
- 7 Conclusion
Best Snowblowers for Women
Read on for our reviews of the best snowblowers for women. We assessed each snowblower for ease of use, maneuverability, and performance.
Most Ergonomic Snowblower for Women: Snow Joe SJ625E Electric Walk-Behind Single Stage Snow Thrower/Blower, 21-Inch Clearing Width, 15-AMP Motor, Directional Chute Control, LED LightCheck on Amazon
An electric start system combined with an innovative ergonomic lightweight design makes the Snow Joe SJ625E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower one of the best snowblowers for women.
Snow Joe’s line of single-stage electric blowers has brought innovations that make them easy for anyone to use. Starting with the electric start system, gone are the days when you had to break your back to get a snowblower going. With the push of a button, this innovative snow blower can clear a 21-inch-wide and 12-inch-deep path through a foot of snow or sludge.
This machine packs enough power to throw snow up to 20 feet. Also, the snow thrower is noticeably larger compared to previous versions and packs enough juice to rival gas-powered blowers. Beneath the blower, there is a pivoting scraper bar that allows the rubber paddles to be always in contact with the ground-aiding forward propulsion.
Exclusive to the single-stage snowblower line is a three-watt LED light to make night-time snow blowing safer. There is also a zip deflector that allows you to adjust the throwing distance.
Easy control, a lightweight design, and a host of useful features make the Snow Joe SJ625E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower ideal for women who want a user-friendly device. This 15 AMP blower is powerful enough to move 800 pounds of snow every minute.
The machine clears up to 12 inches of snow in one pass, and the manufacturer advises use on paved surfaces.
It is useful to note that the powerful engine may propel gravel or objects on loose surfaces at high speeds. We recommend pointing the zip deflector in a safe direction during operation.
Compared to other Snow Joe snowblowers, the Snow Joe SJ625E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower is easier to use because of its ease of control and lightweight design. More efficient at throwing relatively large amounts of snow, this blower is suitable for all skill levels.
Note: A two-stage blower is recommended for commercial use. So, if you are not planning to blow snow commercially, we recommend a single stage blower.
- 15 AMP motor capable of moving 800 pounds of snow a minute
- Single-stage blower with quick shoot control
- Rubber blades cut a 21 wide and 12-inch-deep path in one pass
- Electric start system
- 3W LED light
- Weighs 35.7 pounds
- Rivals gas-powered snowblower
- Lightweight ergonomic design
- User-friendly controls.
- Maneuverable, good build quality, battery efficient
- Led light for night time use
- May smoke under heavy use
Best Snowblower for Women for Use on Paths and Small Driveways: Snow Joe ION18SB-HYB 18-Inch 40 Volt Single Stage Brushless Snow Blower, Kit (Hybrid w/4.0-Ah Battery + Quick Charger)
Check on Amazon
Without a cord, you would expect this lightweight electric snowblower to offer less power. But that is not the case with Snow Joe IONMAX. The forty-volt rechargeable battery powers a 13.5-amp motor capable of moving up to 500 pounds of snow per minute. Lightweight and energy star certified; this is one of the best snowblowers for women.
42 pounds is about as light as a small dog, making the Snow Joe Ion18SB-HYB 40-VOLT iONMAX one of the lightest hybrid single-stage blowers on Amazon. Compared to products in its family line such as Ion15SBLT, Snow Joe Ion18SB-HYB 40-VOLT iONMAX is different in that it offers dual LED headlights and an adjustable handle. Without attachments and accessories, the blower only weighs 30 pounds and has a blowing capacity of 495 pounds of snow per minute.
Using IONMAX Technology, the device features a rechargeable 40-volt battery that has a 50-minute runtime. Plugging the blower into an outlet increases run time and does not consume too much power.
Compared to two-stage blowers in the company’s lineup, single-stage blowers, including Snow Joe Ion18SB-HYB 40-VOLT iONMAX Hybrid have a lower clearing width. To be specific, this model has an 18-inch clearing width making it perfect for paths, small driveways, and sidewalks.
It also features a 180-degree chute, and is capable of throwing snow up to distances of 20 feet.
A lower clearing width, a powerful motor, and adjustable handles make this snowblower perfect for small driveways and paths. If you have a larger driveway, we recommend hooking up the blower to an outlet. That said, a 50-minute runtime is enough to clear most driveways.
What we like most about the Snow Joe Ion18SB-HYB 40-VOLT iONMAX is that starting it only requires you to push a button. Add to that an adjustable handle to maximize comfort, two rubber blades that run quiet, and a 180-degree chute. And you can understand why this is one of the best snowblowers for women.
The blades cut a path 18 inches wide and 8 inches deep without damaging the surface.
- Max throw distance 20 feet
- Adjustable handle
- 13-amp motor (can move up to 500 pounds of wet snow per minute)
- Clears path 8 inches deep and 18 inches wide
- Eco friendly/no emissions
- 180-degree adjustable chute
- Hybrid design: choose from corded 13.5-amp electric power or rechargeable lithium-ion batteries
- Lightweight ergonomic design: weighs 42 pounds
- Whisper quiet with no emission
- Integrated 3W LED headlight for increased visibility at night time
- All terrain wheels make it easy to maneuver
- Easy to use controls
- Easy to adjust zip deflector
- Energy efficient
- Push button start
- None that we could find
Best Snowblower for Women for Use on Large Driveways: Troy-Bilt Squall 208cc Electric Start 21-Inch Single Stage Gas Snow Thrower
Check on Amazon
This snowblower is an innovative high-powered gasoline snowblower that is lightweight and easy to maneuver, making it one of the best snowblowers for women clearing large driveways.
Buyers in regions that experience heavy snowfall need a maneuverable blower capable of moving heavy snow. Weighing at around 100 pounds, the Troy Bilt Squall 208cc Electric Start 21-inch is not the lightest snowblower on the market, however, performance-based tests demonstrate that the blower can easily move deep wet snow. Featuring a 208 CC engine and 21-inch clearing, the blower can handle up to 13 inches of snow in one pass.
A standout feature is the manual pitch E-Z chute control that can rotate up to 180 degrees, meaning, you are in control of where the snow goes.
The blower also features a foldable handle that makes storage easy. The durable eight by two deluxe tires are worth a mention because they provide good traction even in wet conditions.
Compared to the Troy Bilt Squall 208cc Electric Start 208cc XP version, the Bilt Squall 208cc Electric Start 21-inch Single Stage Gas Snowthrower lacks dual LEDs. Apart from that, the differences between the two blowers are cosmetic.
“Tackle anything winter throws at you,” proclaims the manufacturer who backs the statement with a two-year extended warranty.
The 208 cc 4cycle Electric start OHV gas engine offers excellent performance. The ergonomic grip and foldable handle offer comfort. The snowblower features a push-button electric start.
Easy start and intuitive operation make this blower one of the best snowblowers for women.
With wide clearing capabilities (13 inches deep by 21 inches wide), we recommend this snowblower for women with medium to large driveways.
As mentioned, this snowblower is not lightweight, but it makes up for this flaw in that it offers excellent performance. Starting and operating the blower is easy, and so is maneuvering it. This blower will handle anything you can throw at it, thus perfect for regions that experience heavy snowfall. The wider and deeper clearing means that blowing snow no longer has to be a chore. Also, unlike battery-powered blowers, you are not limited by a cord or battery life. This means a longer run time and more freedom.
- Push Start Electric Start
- Ergonomic grip and foldable handle
- 208cc 4 cycle overhead gas engine.
- Reversible skid shoes.
- Ergonomic design and easy to maneuver
- Can move deep wet snow without smoking
- EZ chute controls
- Corded (can run longer than battery powered blowers)
- Could be lighter
Best Snowblower for Professional Use: EGO Power+ SNT2110 21-Inch Self-Propelled 2-Stage Snow Blower with Peak Power Battery and Charger Not Included
Check on Amazon
An electric push-button, plenty of power, and Peak Power Technology (same performance as gas-powered blowers) make this snowblower the perfect heavy-duty electric snowblower for women.
If you own a snowblowing business, or even if you are planning on a snowblowing side hustle, you need a blower that will not fail you even on the hardest of jobs. With enough power to clear a 12 car driveway, easy controls, and a dash-mounted chute that allows you to throw snow in the direction you like, this blower should be on your radar.
The sturdy construction ensures durability, and the powerful motor offers excellent performance. The trade-off is that you have to buy the battery and charger separately, however, considering that the blower can throw moderate to heavy snow up to 40 feet, this is the perfect electric blower for commercial use.
This snowblower is easy to operate, can be used on paved and unpaved surfaces, and comes with a solid construction, hence it is a winner when it comes to the best snowblowers for women with a snowblowing business or side hustle.
- Moves moderate to heavy snow
- 40 feet throwing distance
- 21 in. Clearing width
- Steel auger
- 2×10.0AH batter (recommended) clears 18 car driveway
- Can throw moderate to heavy snow without smoking
- Solid construction
- Ergonomic design
- Packs enough power to clear up to 12 car driveways
- Easy to maneuver and operate
- Cordless (this might be an advantage if you are looking for a cordless snowblower)
Best Beginner Snowblower for Women: Greenworks 13 Amp 20-Inch Corded Snow Thrower, 2600502
Check on Amazon
Weighing only 30 pounds and capable of clearing a 20 inch by 10-inch path, Greenworks 13 Amp 20 Inch Corded snow thrower is perfect for removing snow.
Homeowners residing in areas that experience light and sporadic snowfall need not invest in heavy-duty snowblowers. Instead, what you need is a lightweight corded electric snowblower capable of clearing snow without running out of juice.
A simple design, having enough power to throw snow up to 20 feet, and an easy electric start, make Greenworks 13 Amp 20 Inch Corded snow thrower one of the best snowblowers for women.
This affordable snowblower is easy to operate, the construction is solid, and it does not run loud.
- Folding handles for easy storage
- Push-button start
- Led light to improve visibility
- 180-degree chute
- No batteries and zero-emission.
- Lightweight ergonomic design
- Electric start
- Good build quality (durable)
- Quiet motor
- Cord not included
Best Durable Snowblower for Women: Briggs & Stratton 1022E 22-Inch Single-Stage Snow Blower with Push Button Electric Start
Check on Amazon
This machine packs a lot of features into a compact snowblower. The auger, body, and chute are made of thermal urethane plastic, making it a great durable option for those looking for the best snowblowers for women.
In the cold of winter, keeping your hands warm while operating a power tool can be a hassle. Briggs & Stratton 1022E 22-inch single-stage snowblower addresses this issue by including oversized controls that make it mitten-friendly. Add to that an easy-to-use start button, and you have a snowblower that you can use in any winter condition. The blower’s 208cc engine is enough to throw light to moderately heavy snow up to 30 inches.
Manual chute rotation ensures that you are always in control of where the snow lands.
Featuring a 22-inch-wide clearing path, with a 12.5-inch intake height and 18-inches-by two-inches wheels, Briggs & Stratton 1022E 22-inch single-stage snowblower is perfect for women looking to clear snow quickly.
What we like most about this blower is how maneuverable it is thanks to its compact ergonomic design. Add to that sturdy construction, wear resistant polymer auger, and quality parts, and you have a blower that is both maneuverable and wear-resistant
- Auger assist drive system
- Suitable for all winter conditions (mitten friendly controls)
- Push-button start
- Weighs 93 pounds
- Electric start button
- 208 cc engine
- Oversized controls
- Rubber edge auger
- Heavy duty construction
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Large Easy to use controls
- Wear resistant
- None that we could find
What Types of Snowblowers are There?
There are several different types of best snowblowers for women, so it is best to check out all the options before deciding which one will be best for you!
Single stage snowblowers are best suited for lighter, fluffier snow. They are easy to use and do not require too much effort on your part to clear the driveway of light snow fall.
Two stage snowblowers are best for heavier, wetter types of snow that can often clog single stage units or just take more time than desired because they need to be constantly cleared out as you go along.
If you live in an area with heavy amounts of rainfall throughout the winter season, then this is likely what you will encounter most frequently so it may make sense for you to buy a two-stage model instead. Many users like them because they can handle both tasks without having to switch between different machines which saves on space and money since only one machine is needed.
Three stage snowblowers are best for deeper snow that tends to get stuck in the chute of other types. They are also best suited for areas with steep inclines since they have a higher weight capacity and power than single or two stage models.
This type is recommended for people who live where it snows regularly throughout the year because it makes really tough jobs easier on you! Many users find them very helpful when clearing sidewalks, steps, decks, roofs ,etc.
Advantages of the Best Snowblowers for Women
Some people like shoveling their own driveway but many others find it faster and easier just buying one of these machines instead! Not only does it save time but it also saves a lot of effort on your part.
A snowblower is a machine that is used to remove snow from one’s driveway and walkways. There are many reasons why you should own one of the best snowblowers for women. Snowblowers are one of the most helpful tools for dealing with winter weather. They help make it easier to clear sidewalks, driveways and other areas that accumulate snow during the cold season. The best snowblowers for women can help you and your family stay safe during the winter months while also making it easier for you to complete necessary tasks around the house.
What to Consider when Buying the Best Snowblowers for Women
Here are some factors to consider when buying the best snowblowers for women:
Size of Snowblower
- The best way to determine this is by taking measurements of your driveway or property so that you know how much space will be covered up after each use. This includes not only the width but also the length as some machines may have an adjustable handlebar that can be moved up or down to best suit your height.
- The size of one’s vehicle can also affect this decision as well since some machines can only fit into certain sized cars or trucks depending on their dimensions. Some people even opt to buy two smaller models instead because they are easier to store in tight spaces rather than one large unit which may not work well if there isn’t enough storage space available at home.
- Different units come in varying widths and heights. Height is important because you will want to make sure that you are comfortable with the weight of each machine since this may affect how fatiguing it is for you to push and pull them along throughout the process.
- There are three main types of power sources that these machines rely upon: gas, electric and cordless. Gas-powered units can often be best since they do not need to be charged up frequently if at all which is a nice feature for those who live in the far reaches of the country where it may take more time than desired to get out there to plug them into an electrical outlet.
- There are also some models that have both corded and battery operated versions so users can switch back and forth between different settings depending on what type of snowfall occurs.
How to Use a Snowblower
After researching on the best snowblowers for women, you must be excited to start using one of these machines. For a snowblowing task to be effective, it is crucial to know how to use a snowblower.
First, you need to gather all of your equipment together. This includes the following:
- The snowblower itself.
- Extension cord(s) if needed for length or power source. You may also want an extension ladder in case you cannot access certain areas due to lack of height available from ground level. Ensure that it can support at least twice your weight as well as providing enough slack so that it will not become taut when extended fully upwards/downwards along its length.
- Shoveling accessories such as knee pads, gloves, face mask/shield for cold protection if needed. This is especially important when clearing areas where there are rocks or other items which might present an injury risk to yourself or damage your feet and hands.
Secondly, you need to check that the snowblower has been properly assembled. For example, make certain all screws fit correctly into place without being over-tightened. Ensure they will still turn easily rather than requiring excessive force just to get them started turning.
Then, you need to check how much power is available from the electrical supply. This can be done by plugging in one extension cord and turning on the machine while it is plugged into this (ensuring that no other appliances such as lights or heaters are turned on through any additional extensions at this point).
If you find that the machine runs as expected, then it should be safe to assume how much power will be available from additional extension cords used.
Next, clear your driveway or path of any snow using a shovel or blower if able to do so before starting up the machine and allowing it to run for a few minutes. This is important because of the following reason: If there are large chunks of ice which have been compacted together due to how wet/icy they were at first then these can damage the bodywork on some machines – particularly those with plastic covers over them. In other cases, even metal may still buckle/get dented if enough pressure has been applied within a short period of time.
In addition, remember to ensure that all safety precautions have been followed. Even when using the best snowblowers for women, safety is key to a smooth snowblowing experience.
- No children or pets are in range
- No fences, walls etc. exist near by which could potentially get damaged through over-exposure.
Next, remember that how wet the snow is will affect how easily it can be removed. If necessary, apply a small amount of salt before using the best snowblowers for women. This will help to assist with this process by breaking down how tightly packed together these particles are in order for them to move more freely from your path or driveway.
Once you have finished clearing an area where there was previously snowfall and want to go back over it again – ensure that any tools such as shovels which you were still holding when starting up the machine are no longer within range/in close proximity so they don’t get hit/damaged through contact while operating the machine if anything does kickback due to strong wind currents etc. This would also include making certain that no other hard objects such as stones and cans are still in range/close proximity which could also potentially become a problem.
Ensure that all safety guards are functioning correctly once switched back onto the main power supply (ensuring they are turned off first using the same process outlined above). This is especially important for models without covers over the controls as they’re more exposed to how wind currents may affect how easy or difficult it is for them to function correctly.
If you have a gas-powered machine and plan on using this outside during colder winter seasons – make certain that there is no snow/ice buildup around the area where fuel will be dispensed from before attempting to refuel.
FAQs About the Best Snowblowers for Women
What is the lifespan of the best snowblowers for women?
The best snowblowers for women are an essential tool for wintertime, but how long do they last? The life of a snowblower depends on many factors from the quality of the machine to your habits. If you ensure proper maintenance and usage, you can get 10-15 years or more out of the best snowblowers for women . It’s also important that the engine size matches your needs since bigger engines have higher horsepower and will require more fuel. Snowblowers with smaller engines may not be able to handle deep snow or tough terrain as well as their bigger counterparts.
How do you store the best snowblowers for women?
Even if you own one of the best snowblowers for women, you need to take note that proper storage will make your snowblower last longer and help it continue to perform well. When it comes to storing your snowblower for the winter, there are a few things you should remember. Drain the fuel, protect exposed metal components with rust and corrosion prevention, and cover the machine with a tarp or a specialized snowblower cover.
Find a safe place to store your snowblower. Indoors is the ideal location for storing a snowblower. However, if you must keep it outside, make sure it is elevated and completely shielded from the elements.
When storing indoors, be sure the snowblower isn’t adjacent to an open flame or pilot light, such as those on a gas dryer. If you’re storing a snowblower indoors, empty all of the fuel beforehand.
When is the best time to buy the best snowblowers for women?
The best moment to buy is just before the snowing season begins, in August – October, if you want to get a great price and have a wide range of snowblowers to select from. If you are buying your snowblower from Amazon, there are deals on the best snowblowers for women available even during the winter season.
The best snowblowers for women can save you lots of time and money. If you live in an area which snows, then this tool will be your best friend for many winters to come. In addition, homes with no sidewalks, long driveways, or large properties will especially benefit from owning a snowblower. You will be surprised at how much of a difference it makes having a reliable snowblower around.