If you’re looking for McGRAW air compressor reviews, we have got you covered. Reading reviews is a great way to help you decide whether to buy a McGRAW air compressor. Whether for home or commercial use, an air compressor is a tool that comes in handy for a wide range of tasks, such as cleaning, inflation, painting, repair work, and many more.
Most McGRAW air compressor reviews do not tell you that the company behind the brand is New Harbor Freight. Their tools are manufactured by third-party companies that also manufacture products that their competitors use.
The ultimate question is this: is it worth it to buy McGRAW air compressors? Before we delve into McGRAW air compressor reviews of individual products, we will first give you an overview of McGRAW air compressors’ performance and quality.
- 1 McGRAW Air Compressor Reviews: Pros of McGRAW
- 2 McGRAW Air Compressor Reviews: Cons of McGRAW
- 3 Is it Worth Buying a McGRAW Air Compressor?
- 4 McGRAW Air Compressor Reviews Verdict
- 5 McGRAW Air Compressor Reviews: Top 4 Products to Choose From
- 5.1 1. Best for Portability: Mcgraw 8 Gallon Oil-Free Portable Air Compressor 150 PSI 1.5 HP Quiet Motor Compressors For Brad Nailing, Stapling, Inflating
- 5.2 2. Best for Small Jobs: 3 Gallon 1/3 HP 110 PSI Oil-Free Pancake Air Compressor
- 5.3 3. Best for Nailing Jobs: 6 gallon Pancake Air Compressor 150 PSI 12AMP 0.8 HP Oil Free 2.8 SCFM at 90 PSI, 3.4 SCFM at 40 PSI
- 5.4 4. Best for Professional Use: 20 Gallon 1.6 HP 135 PSI Oil Lube Vertical Air Compressor
- 6 Conclusion: McGRAW Air Compressor Reviews
McGRAW Air Compressor Reviews: Pros of McGRAW
1. Product Build
When you buy an air compressor, the last thing you want is to have a low-quality one. So durability and build quality are two of the most important things to look for.
McGRAW has been around for many years. While using their air compressors, we can tell that their products have a tough build. They are made of sturdy materials, and the quality of how they are put together is high.
2. Product Safety
Air compressors can blow up. As such, product manufacturers must pass certain standards of safety. Many McGRAW air compressor reviews that you find online do not check this out, so we decided to dig deeper.
The New Harbor Freight company has been around since 1947. It is one of the biggest retailers of equipment, and they have 800 stores in 47 states. On top of that, they have over 17,000 employees in the United States.
You can also find their license to operate on FCC’s website. What it tells us is that they are meeting the standards of the government as far as safety is concerned. Otherwise, they would never have had the license or permit to operate and sell.
3. After Sales Support
Tools break—that is a fact. What makes a company rise above its competition is the after-sales support. It includes phone support, warranty, product replacement, and availability of parts.
If you read McGRAW air compressor reviews from buyers, you will realize that the company offers an extensive range of support for its customers.
They have phone support, and they also have a website from which you can contact them should you have issues. Several of the products they sell have a warranty, and they have hundreds of stores spread out in the United States.
What does it mean for you as a buyer? You can take the product to a store and get support from there. It is much easier to do this than to ship the item to a repair center.
4. Product Quality
How do the McGraw air compressors perform against their competitors? As far as we are concerned, their products do well and can stand toe-to-toe against giants in the industry.
If you take the time to read McGRAW air compressor reviews on Amazon and other selling platforms, you will be hard-pressed in finding negative reviews.
Image Source: Jimmy’s Garage
McGRAW Air Compressor Reviews: Cons of McGRAW
McGRAW air compressor reviews are not complete without some discussion of the drawbacks of McGRAW products. The main drawback of McGRAW air compressors is that they are noisy. If you need an air compressor that emits a low level of noise, then McGRAW air compressors might not be suitable for you. However, if the noise level does not matter, McGRAW air compressors are an affordable and high-quality option.
Not Widely Available
McGRAW air compressors are not as widely available as other air compressor brands like BOSTITCH, CRAFTSMAN, and Makita, which are stocked in many physical and online retailers around the world.
The typical places to buy McGRAW air compressors are:
- Direct from Harbor Freight
- eBay (second-hand)
Is it Worth Buying a McGRAW Air Compressor?
If you are reading McGRAW air compressor reviews, this question is likely to be on your mind. Yes, it is worth your money to buy a McGRAW air compressor. The company has a line of air compressors for 3 gallons, pancake-style, upright, six gallons, and even 20 gallons.
Based on our experience and other McGRAW air compressor reviews, McGRAW manufactures products with customer convenience in mind. For example, their air compressors have long cords about seven feet long. The air compressors also have cord holders so you can easily wrap p the cord and store the device.
Their air compressors also have rubber feet. These feet prevent the air compressor from vibrating. As you can see, they take into account the potential problems that a customer may face. As such, we can say that the company is dependable.
We really love their air compressors because they have two quick connections. What this means is that you can use two hoses and connect two types of devices. There is also a chart that comes with your purchase. This chart tells you whether or not the machine is compatible with a certain device.
So, from product build to quality to support, McGRAW has it all. Ultimately, the price is probably your deciding factor. The good news is that the air compressors are affordable compared with their contemporaries.
For example, a CRAFTSMAN pancake type air compressor would set you back $250, while the equivalent of that in a McGRAW line-up will cost only half.
McGRAW Air Compressor Reviews Verdict
What’s our verdict, considering the pros and cons of McGRAW air compressors? Buy the air compressors of McGRAW if you are looking for an air compressor that has a sturdy build and is convenient to use. If you are particular with after-sales support, then all the more reason to choose this brand on top of the others.
Image Source: Jimmy’s Garage
McGRAW Air Compressor Reviews: Top 4 Products to Choose From
Now, let’s dive into McGRAW air compressor reviews of top products from this brand. We provide insights into specific McGRAW models and discuss the pros and cons of each.
1. Best for Portability: Mcgraw 8 Gallon Oil-Free Portable Air Compressor 150 PSI 1.5 HP Quiet Motor Compressors For Brad Nailing, Stapling, InflatingCheck on Amazon
This model is how a portable air compressor should be—small, but it packs a lot of power. What we love about it is that it is oil-free. The pump and motor do not need any complex maintenance process like a garage air compressor.
- The motor has 1.5 HP of power
- Delivers high air volume at 4.1 CFM at 90 PSI of usage
- The maximum PSI is 150
- The motor is quieter compared to most air compressors of the same size
- Tank supports 8 gallons of air
- Corded and electric, so it cannot be used on job sites where there is no power
If you want an air compressor that you can use for brad nailing, stapling and many other types of work, get this model. It is portable and easy to carry, but it does not compromise power and reliability.
2. Best for Small Jobs: 3 Gallon 1/3 HP 110 PSI Oil-Free Pancake Air CompressorCheck on Amazon
If you are looking for something small, then the 4-gallon model is what you want. It was designed for jobbers. As such, they are easy to carry and move around.
- Does not need maintenance and oil replacement
- It has a wide base that helps the machine stay stable under operation
- Easy to carry
- It has a quick-connect system
- A little noisy
Take note that the compressor, given that its price is really low, does not come with a hose and accessories. You will have to purchase that yourself.
3. Best for Nailing Jobs: 6 gallon Pancake Air Compressor 150 PSI 12AMP 0.8 HP Oil Free 2.8 SCFM at 90 PSI, 3.4 SCFM at 40 PSICheck on Amazon
If what you want is a medium-sized compressor, then a 6-gallon tank is what will meet your requirement. This particular model is still a pancake compressor, despite the size of the tank. Like the other models of McGRAW, this one is electric and does not need any kind of oil change.
- Middle-level CFM release at 2.8
- You can increase the CFM if you reduce the PSI
- Has a high flow regulator
- The couplers only need to push to release connected devices
- High-quality build
- Can start even if the temperature is freezing
We can recommend this air compressor for nailing and stapling with a low airflow volume. It is also an excellent device to use for cleaning and pumping tires.
4. Best for Professional Use: 20 Gallon 1.6 HP 135 PSI Oil Lube Vertical Air CompressorCheck on Amazon
Last on our list is a huge and upright compressor. Designed for some serious work, this machine delivers a lot of power for multiple uses. With 20 gallons of air, you can accomplish a lot without having to spend so much time on refills.
- Provides up to 27% more work time
- Quieter than other compressors of the same size
- Has quick recovery and cycle periods
- Can produce 4.0 CFM
- It needs oil maintenance, which can be a hassle
Despite the size, the model comes with a pair of rubber wheels, making it easy to pull around job sites. Get this one if you want a study compressor that can give you the most value for money.
Conclusion: McGRAW Air Compressor Reviews
Overall, McGRAW air compressors are affordably priced, durable, and high-performing. We hope these McGRAW air compressor reviews helped you to understand more about McGRAW and its range of air compressors. With a McGRAW air compressor, you can get your DIY, repair, and cleaning tasks completed with greater efficiency.