Ryobi vs Sun Joe pressure washer, what should you buy? These two brands are excellent at what they offer, but if you need to decide on one of them, this guide is for you.
To help you make the right decision, we will provide you with a detailed Ryobi vs Sun Joe pressure washer review. Particularly, we will review two products head-to-head. These are the Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 and the Ryobi 2,300 PSI 1.2 GPM.
In the end, you should be able to decide which of these two fits your needs for cleaning. While both of these products are leading in the market, we assure you that one is a better option!
- 1 Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Review
- 2 Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: Sun Joe SPX3500 2300 Max Review
- 3 Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: Ryobi 2,300 PSI 1.2 GPM Review
- 4 Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: Ryobi 2000 PSI Review
- 5 Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: 3 Main Differences Between The Two Brands
- 6 Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: Is Sun Joe Better Than Ryobi?
- 7 Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: What To Look For In A Pressure Washer
- 8 Sun Joe vs Ryobi Pressure Washer Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: Which One is Right For You?
Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Review
Let’s start our Ryobi vs Sun Joe pressure washer review by taking a close look at this popular pressure washer from Sun Joe. The Sun Joe SPX 3000 is one of the best-selling pressure washers right now. On Amazon, it has sold more than 43,000 units. It is an electric pressure washer that gets the dirty work done.
What makes it a good buy is its low price and its ability to tackle a variety of work. You can use it to clean cars, trucks, decks, patios, and driveways. It also works best for lawns.
People love that it has a powerful motor at 1800 watts (14.5 amp). The pressure washer can generate up to 2030 PSI at 1.76 gallons per minute.
Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric High Pressure Washer, Cleans Cars/Fences/PatiosCheck on Amazon
Key Features of Sun Joe SPX3000 2030
- Customer Support – you can text a specific number if you have a question, and a Sun Joe expert will help you out.
- High Power – most motors of electric pressure washers are low-powered. Sun Joe offers 14 amps, and the machine can generate 2030 PSI. This pressure should be more than enough for many types of cleaning tasks at home.
- Two Tanks – two detachable detergent tanks come with the purchase. Each one is 0.9 L. You can store two types of detergents at any given time.
- Total Stop System – the machine will stop working if the wand trigger is not engaged. It helps save on power and also helps prolong the longevity of the machine.
Pros of Sun Joe SPX3000 2030
- It comes with quick-connect nozzles
- Weighs only 27.6 pounds
- Easy to use and versatile
- It has five nozzles that come with the package
Cons of Sun Joe SPX3000 2030
- It does not have a foam cannon
Overall, the Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 is an excellent choice. Right now, the Sun Joe brand is the number 1 brand of pressure washers in the US, and a lot of people are happy with their purchase. This pressure washer model is one of the most powerful pressure washers that we highly recommend today.
On Amazon, the product has 4.5 stars from 43,000+ ratings. This rating is not bad, even if it is not perfect. In fact, it is one that we can consider a good rating.
Some people even say that this pressure washer is addictive. Because it is so easy to use, one would keep looking for things to clean! It is so powerful that it can strip paint and wash dirt that has already hardened on the walls.
Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: Sun Joe SPX3500 2300 Max Review
The next model we will look at in our Ryobi vs Sun Joe pressure washer review is the Sun Joe SPX3500 2300 Max. This model uses a brushless induction motor. Like the other model, it has a powerful motor at 13 amp, and it can produce 2300 PSI at 1.48 GPM.
Sun Joe SPX3500 2300 Max Psi 1.48 Gpm Brushless Induction Electric Pressure Washer, w/Brass Hose ConnectorCheck on Amazon
Key Features of Sun Joe SPX3500 2300 Max
- Power – it can clean caked mud, tar, and stubborn dirt. The machine is ideal not just for cleaning cars but also for stripping dirt from walls and patios.
- Detergent Dial – it has an adjustable detergent tank. The beauty of this is that you can dial the detergent to disperse just the right amount of soap.
- Total Stop System – the machine stops working if the trigger is not engaged. It saves power and also adds to the longevity of the machine.
Pros of Sun Joe SPX3500 2300 Max
- High pressure
- Easy to use
- Detergent dispenser can be controlled
Cons of Sun Joe SPX3500 2300 Max
- No place to wrap around the cord
If you want to tackle hard grime and dirt, then this model is what you should consider buying. It is great for RVs, trucks, and cars. You can also use it to clean decks and walls.
Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: Ryobi 2,300 PSI 1.2 GPM Review
Now, let us move on to the next contender of our Ryobi vs Sun Joe pressure washer head-to-head battle. The Ryobi 2,300 PSI is an excellent alternative to the best 3,000 PSI pressure washers.
The one thing that people rave about this product is that it has a high-performance brushless motor. What it means is that it has better longevity than brushed motors.
This washer has so much power that it cleans 50% faster than typical pressure washers on the market. This power, however, comes at a steep price as it is sold almost double what Sun Joe sells for.Check on Amazon
Key Features of Ryobi 2,300 PSI 1.2 GPM
- Brushless and Powerful Motor – this pressure washer has a 13-amp motor that can generate 2300 PSI at 1.2 gallons per minute. As a result, it does not require maintenance. And because it is brushless, there is no need to replace carbon brushes.
- Wheels – two 12-inch wheels come with this pressure washer model. It is easy to pull around, especially if you want to work far from your electric socket.
- Detergent Tank – it has an onboard detergent tank that has a mix ratio of 20:1. The issue with this tank is that you cannot use bleach.
- Cord and Hose – the electric cord is GFCI, which means you will not get shocked. It is 35 feet long, while the hose is 25 feet.
- High-Performance – this pressure washer was designed for washing cars and cleaning patios and decks. It can handle tough dirt and grime.
Pros of Ryobi 2,300 PSI 1.2 GPM
- Easy to use
- Safe from electric shock
- The wand is made of metal but has a plastic handle
- No maintenance like oiling required
- Long hose and electric cord; no need for extensions
Cons of Ryobi 2,300 PSI 1.2 GPM
- The detergent tank is not detachable
Most people who purchased it said that they loved its turbo nozzle feature. Some users, however, were not happy with the washer’s performance. Some said that it only took three to four uses before it leaked. The metal housing also had a hair-thin crack.
Overall, Ryobi is an excellent option if you are looking for a pressure washer. Please take note that, like Sun Joe, this pressure washer is for home use only. It is not for industrial work.
Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: Ryobi 2000 PSI Review
Let’s look at the Ryobi 2000 PSI model, the next pressure washer in the Ryobi vs Sun Joe pressure washer showdown. Unlike the first model discussed above, this one has a lower pressure, which is maxed at 2000 PSI. the GPM is also common at 1.2 only.Check on Amazon
Key Features of RYOBI 2000 PSI 1.2 GPM
- Motor – the motor has a power of 13 amps, and it does not need maintenance.
- Sturdy – the machine is built with a durable frame
- Turbo Nozzle – it is a feature that adds power to the pressure of the water, making it easier to clean things
- Tank – it has an onboard detergent tank
Pros of Ryobi 2000 PSI 1.2 GPM
- It has a sturdy build and wheels
- Easy to lug around
- No maintenance required
Cons of Ryobi 2000 PSI 1.2 GPM
- The tank is not detachable, and there is only one tank
Overall, we recommend this if you want a low-PSI pressure washer to not damage your stuff. It has a telescoping handle, which makes it easy to transport. In addition, it has a 25-foot hose that allows you wider coverage. It is also backed by three years of warranty.
Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: 3 Main Differences Between The Two Brands
Ryobi vs Sun Joe pressure washer: Which one is more affordable? Sun Joe pressure washers generally cost less than Ryobi pressure washers. The thing with Ryobi is that their products are expensive. It does not seem like they have something to offer for less than $200.
Despite this, we can say that Ryobi is a brand that lives up to its promises. Ryobi is a Japanese manufacturer, and it has been around since 1943.
The good thing about Sun Joe is that they make pressure washers that are affordable. It does not mean that their product is low-quality. On Amazon, the Sun Joe pressure washer has a rating of 4.5 stars, higher than what Ryobi has.
Ryobi makes a lot of things. It makes parts for automobiles, electronics, telecommunications, and hardware. The problem with this is that they are all over the place.
Sun Joe, on the other hand, specializes in home maintenance hardware. It is why their products perform better than Ryobi’s home maintenance products.
Sun Joe has a customer support system where you can send a text message, and they will help you out. Ryobi does not have this. If you buy a Ryobi product, you must contact the salesperson to get support.
Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: Is Sun Joe Better Than Ryobi?
For pressure washers, Sun Joe is the better brand. We evaluated Ryobi vs Sun Joe pressure washers above based on the criteria of cleaning efficiency, ease of use, durability, and customer support provided. In our Ryobi vs Sun Joe pressure washer debate, Sun Joe comes out on top.
We are not saying that Ryobi is a bad product. It has been around for a long time, and it is one of the leading manufacturers of power tools. However, we can say that Ryobi specializes in woodworking tools rather than cleaning tools.
Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: What To Look For In A Pressure Washer
Ryobi vs Sun Joe pressure washer: what is the better choice? Before you buy, there are some things that we want to explain. In this section, we will provide you with some tips on what to look for before you buy a unit.
Pressure washers spout water with power not only because of the motor’s pump but also because of the nozzle. The angle of the nozzle has an impact on the intensity of the water that comes out of it.
Different brands have different nozzles, but many use the same standards. Almost all pressure washers come with four or five nozzles, including one that you can use for foaming.
For our Ryobi vs Sun Joe pressure washer review, we can say that both brands offer several nozzle types. The nozzles come in different colors and angles, and both models we reviewed have quick-connect systems.
When buying a pressure washer, make sure that the nozzles are replaceable and that they use standard industry sizes. It is easier to find a replacement if the nozzle is conforming to industry standards than if the manufacturer made its own.
Pressure Washer PSI and Flow Rate
Pressure washers come at different power levels. The pressure indicator is the PSI capacity of the pressure washer. The higher the PSI, the more power it offers. The higher the power, the better it can clean dirt.
Flow rate is the GPM, or gallons per minute. It refers to the volume of water that comes out of the wand per minute. The more water it uses, the more power it can deliver.
There is no general rule about buying pressure washers as far as PSI and GPM are concerned. What you need to think of is the task that you intend to do. At best, buy a medium-duty pressure washer as it can perform multiple tasks.
For our Ryobi vs Sun Joe pressure washer review, we can see that both are medium-duty pressure washers. You can use them both for cleaning the following:
Of course, you need a heavy-duty washer if the dirt is really tough. In this case, you may want to buy a gas-powered pressure washer. If it is what you need, please read our recommendations for the best gas-powered pressure washers.
Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: which one is safer? The last thing that we want you to consider is safety. Electric pressure washers, if not used properly, can result in electrocution. The great news is that many electric pressure washers today, including Ryobi and Sun Joe pressure washers, have a ground-fault circuit interrupter or GFCI.
GFCI is a technology that prevents electric current from travelling to the ground. A ground fault happens when there is a break in an electric tool’s grounding path. If this happens, the electricity may travel through the ground as an alternative path.
The GFCI is a fast-acting circuit breaker. It shuts off electric power if there is a ground fault. It is so fast that the shut-off happens in as short as 1/40th of a second.
Sun Joe vs Ryobi Pressure Washer Frequently Asked Questions
Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: Should I Buy Ryobi Or Sun Joe?
It depends on what you need. We recommend Sun Joe for general home use, as it generates enough PSI and uses adequate GPM. For heavy use, get the Ryobi.
Both are good purchases for home use, and you cannot go wrong. It’s just that if you are budget-conscious, we can definitely say that you must go for the Sun Joe model.
Will These Pressure Washers Last Long?
Yes, these pressure washers will last long. Since both of these are electric, there is no need to maintain the engine with oil. Both machines were designed with no maintenance required, and they will last long.
However, we can also say that Ryobi will last longer because the motor is brushless. Brushless motors have a better technology because they reduce friction. Because of that, they have better longevity.
Ryobi vs Sun Joe Pressure Washer: Which One is Right For You?
Let us wrap up our Ryobi vs Sun Joe pressure washer review. Our final verdict is this: get the Sun Joe. It is the leading brand of all pressure washers right now, and the numbers speak for themselves. It has more than 43,000 units sold, and its rating on Amazon is 4.5 stars.
However, if you are looking for a high-pressure electric pressure washer, then Ryobi is the one to buy. It is an excellent washer for cleaning tough dirt, albeit it comes at a high price.