Greenworks vs Ryobi pressure washer: what is the brand you should buy? It is a tough question, as a pressure washer is a huge investment. As such, you want to buy one that not only serves its intended purpose but will also last a lifetime.
In this Greenworks vs Ryobi pressure washer review, we will help you make a decision. We will go through the history of the two brands and also show you the strengths and weaknesses of each company.
In addition to this Greenworks vs Ryobi pressure washer review, we will discuss three of the best pressure washers of each brand. We tested these pressure washers for durability, range of features, and ease of use.
With the help of this guide, we hope that you can choose the pressure washer that best fits your needs.
- 1 Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: Greenworks Brand Background
- 2 Ryobi vs Greenworks Pressure Washer: Best Greenworks Pressure Washers
- 2.1 Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: Greenworks 1600 PSI 1.2 GPM Pressure Washer (Upright Hand-Carry)
- 2.2 Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: Greenworks 2000 Max PSI @ 1.1 GPM (13 Amp) Electric Pressure Washer (Green Frame)
- 2.3 Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: Greenworks PRO 2300 PSI TruBrushless (2.3 GPM) Electric Pressure Washer (PWMA Certified)
- 3 Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: What Makes Greenworks Great?
- 4 Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: Ryobi Brand Background
- 5 Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: Best Ryobi Pressure Washers
- 5.1 Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: RYOBI 2000 PSI 1.2 GPM Cold Water Electric Pressure Washer
- 5.2 Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: Ryobi 2,300 PSI 1.2 GPM High Performance Electric Pressure Washer
- 5.3 Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: Ryobi 1,600-PSI 1.2-GPM Electric Pressure Washer (Model RY141612)
- 6 Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: What Makes Ryobi Great?
- 7 Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: What is the Better Option?
- 8 Summary: Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer
Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: Greenworks Brand Background
Let’s start our Greenworks vs Ryobi pressure washer debate by taking a look at the background of Greenworks. Greenworks is a new company that was only founded in 2007. When it was first incorporated, its main function was as the marketing arm of a bigger company called Global Tools Group.
The initial focus was to make lithium-ion batteries of various sizes for the outdoor camper market. It was in 2009 when Greenworks actually became a brand. In 2011, the company released its first models of electric pressure washers and the first 40V cordless lawnmower.
Strengths of Greenworks
Greenworks is known in the market as an innovative company. They also embrace cordless tools. As such, they produce different lithium-ion batteries that can power many types of machines that they make.
Some user reviews say that Greenworks manufacture cheap products. The thing is, Greenworks produces reliable machines. Of course, one cannot expect a Karcher type quality pressure washer, especially if his budget is less than $200. Greenworks produces electric pressure washers that will give you the service that you paid for.
Greenworks pressure washers are dependable, and they get the job done. What we like about the company is that they produce machines that do not rely on power. Instead, these machines can use batteries.
For this Greenworks vs Ryobi pressure washer review, we can say that the batteries are a plus even if they can not match the power of an outlet. Despite the batteries, the machines of Greenworks are amazing. They can deliver work as if they are plugged in. Greenworks also make different types of batteries like 40V, 60V, and even 80V.
Weaknesses of Greenworks
The weakness of Greenworks is that sometimes, they release a product that is not fit for the market. There was a time when they released a product that they had to recall.
Ryobi vs Greenworks Pressure Washer: Best Greenworks Pressure Washers
Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: Greenworks 1600 PSI 1.2 GPM Pressure Washer (Upright Hand-Carry)Check on Amazon
For this Greenworks vs Ryobi pressure washer review, we can say that if you are looking for a versatile pressure washer, you must consider this model. What makes it different is its portability.
While it does not have wheels, it is lightweight, and it has a hand carrier at the top. It is powerful enough to remove dirt and grime without damaging your property. You can use it on your patio, cars, trucks, decks, and flooring. It even works on wood.
- Compact Motor – you can use this pressure washer in any position—vertical or horizontal—with no problems. You just need to set it aside and focus on your washing task.
- Versatile – you can use it for both light and medium-duty types of jobs around the house.
- Enough Power – the machine generates 1600 PSI at 1.2 GPM. It is an ideal pressure for cleaning cars. The pressure will not damage your paint, but it is powerful enough to remove soot and grime, including hardened dirt.
- Quick Connect – the purchase comes with 25-degree and 40-degree quick-connect nozzles. There is also a soap applicator.
- Long Cords – the hose length is 25 feet, and the power cord is 35 feet. You can use it far from the socket, and you do not need extension wires anymore.
- Lightweight – the entire machine only weighs 16 pounds, which is roughly the equivalent of two dumbbells.
- Easy to carry around
- Has long electric cord and hose
- No maintenance required
- It has a detachable detergent container
- Only two nozzles come with it
- The cord is not GFCI (will not stop if there is a short circuit)
What you will love about this product is its versatility. Sure, it may only generate 1600 PSI, but this should be more than enough. The one thing you may not like is that it only comes with two nozzles, while the best and most powerful electric pressure washers out there typically have five.
Some would say that the 1.2 GPM of the machine is bad. We disagree with that kind of Greenworks vs Ryobi pressure washer review. A GPM of 1.2 is enough to perform many cleaning jobs at home. Of course, you cannot compare this product with commercial-grade pressure washers with a minimum of 2.2 GPM.
But this product if you want something compact and lightweight. It is versatile enough that you can use it for many types of jobs. The electric cord is long, and so is the hose. Overall, it is a satisfying machine to have, especially so since it does not require maintenance.
Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: Greenworks 2000 Max PSI @ 1.1 GPM (13 Amp) Electric Pressure Washer (Green Frame)Check on Amazon
If you are looking for a heavy-duty machine, then this model is what you need. It generates 2000 PSI and 1.1 GPM. The beauty of it is that it can generate so much pressure without using a lot of water.
What does that mean? It means that you save on the cost of water without compromising work quality. 2000 PSI is powerful enough to remove dirt, debris, and even hardened soil. It also has a compact design that makes it easy to move around.
- High Power – the motor packs 13 amps and can generate 2000 PSI. The performance is superb, and it passed the standards of PWMA. PWMA means Pressure Washer Manufacturer’s Association.
- Versatility – it is an ideal tool for residential use. You can use it to clean walkways, patios, vehicles, and also furniture.
- Easy to Use – the motor has a convenient on and off button. The motor also uses Total Stop System, where the machine turns off if the wand is not in use. It saves energy and also prolongs the life of the motor.
- Soap Siphon – it has a soap siphon where you can switch the pressure from washing to detergents. All you have to do is switch the soap tip and then siphon the hose to the detergent tank.
- It has a long power cord at 35 feet
- The hose is 20 feet in length, and it is a high-pressure hose
- It has a pro-style spray wand
- It has a garden hose inlet
- It comes with wheels and a trolley
- Affordable; the price is way below what other brands offer for the same type of pressure washer
- The bearing may be broken, and you will need to buy a new one
- Moving it around is awkward because it is low
For this Greenworks vs Ryobi pressure washer review, we can say that this model is quiet. If you want a pressure washer that is quiet, you can get this want. The noise is about 80 decibels. It is as loud as a vacuum cleaner. It has a quick hose disconnect, and it uses standard sizes. You can buy other hose connectors, and they will fit.
You will also love that it has holders for the hose and the wands. One thing that can annoy you is that the water outlet and the pressure outlet are at opposing parts of the machine. It does have a three-year warranty. However, it does not cover normal wear and tear.
Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: Greenworks PRO 2300 PSI TruBrushless (2.3 GPM) Electric Pressure Washer (PWMA Certified)Check on Amazon
If 2000 PSI is not enough for you, then this one will do. It has 2300 PSI that comes from a 14-AMP motor. What makes it different from the rest is that it is bulkier, and it comes with a sturdy trolley.
One thing that makes it stand apart from other pressure washers is the JETTFLOW technology. It allows the pressure washer to deliver up to 50% more water. As such, the wand can deliver water up to 20 feet.
What it means is that you do not need a super long hose to operate it. You also do not need to be so close to your car when cleaning it.
- High-Power – the machine can deliver 2300 PSI at 1.2 GPM. If you want a higher flow rate, it can go up to 2.3 GPM, but it can only deliver 100 PSI at this level. The 100 PSI is enough for most tasks, unless if you are cleaning heavy dirt and grime.
- Tested – this product went through rigorous testing, and it passed the standards of the Pressure Washer Manufacturer’s Association.
- Brushless Motor – brushless motors reduce friction, and it only means that this machine will last longer than typical pressure washers out on the market today.
- Versatile – it is ideal for medium-grade work. Because of the 2300 PSI, it can deliver power that other home pressure washers cannot.
- Digital – the motor is digitally controlled by an electronic chip. As such, it can produce more torque and provide longer runtime.
- Has quiet operation
- The power cord is long at 35 feet and is compliant with GFCI
- Has 10-inch wheels
- It has a long hose at 25 feet; the hose is made for high pressure
- The tank is on board and not detachable
If you want a pressure washer that is easy to move around, this is the right model for you. Buy this if you have tasks that need a lot of power. While it is true that the GPM is low, the pressure makes up for it.
One thing that makes this a winner is that it has a brushless motor. It lasts longer than other electric pressure washers. Since no brushes are rubbing with each other, no energy gets lost because of the friction.
Overall, you will love that this pressure washer generates a lot of power and yet stay efficient as far as energy consumption is concerned.
Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: What Makes Greenworks Great?
What makes Greenworks great is the dependability of their pressure washers. It is one of their main product lines, and they seem to have specialized in it.
Greenworks vs Ryobi pressure washer: is Greenworks really better? Unlike other brands, Greenworks wants to focus on home maintenance power tools. Because of this, they can concentrate on the demands of a specific market—people who want to do stuff at home.
Another thing that we love about Greenworks is that the company is a leader in battery-operated tools. In addition to this, they make homecare products that complement each other. For example, you can buy many machines from Greenworks to care for your lawn.
Greenworks may not be a top-of-the line brand, but it certainly gives you value for money. With this brand, you can buy reliable pressure washers even if your budget is below $100.
Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: Ryobi Brand Background
To continue the Greenworks vs Ryobi pressure washer debate, we will now take a look at Ryobi’s background. Ryobi has been around for a long time. It was founded in 1943 in Japan, and it originally sold die-cast products. However, it was in 1961 that the company started manufacturing offset printing presses.
In 1968, the company began manufacturing power tools. It now has 12 manufacturing sites in six countries, one of which is located in the United States.
Ryobi is a leading brand of power tools in the world. Hardly anyone who works in the woodworking industry or construction industry has not heard of Ryobi.
Strengths of Ryobi
Ryobi has been around for five decades. That is a lot of time. As such, we can all agree that they are experts and that the length of time that they have been operating taught them a lot of lessons.
From our experience, all Ryobi products are reliable. It is not a run-of-the-mill brand—Ryobi has proven time and time again that its products are reliable. They believe in the quality of their products so much that they offer between two and three years of warranty.
Ryobi products come with batteries. The convenient thing about Ryobi is that you can swap the batteries from one device to another. It means that if you use other Ryobi tools, you can use the battery from those tools in the pressure washer. When deciding between the Greenworks vs Ryobi pressure washer, this flexibility that Ryobi offers is crucial to take note of, especially if you own other Ryobi products.
Weaknesses of Ryobi
When evaluating the Greenworks vs Ryobi pressure washer, the only gripe we have against Ryobi is that their products are expensive. While the products are not bad, they are not in the same league as the biggest brands of power tools in the world, either. For example, the battery-operated pressure washer of Ryobi can set you back about $150.
Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: Best Ryobi Pressure Washers
Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: RYOBI 2000 PSI 1.2 GPM Cold Water Electric Pressure WasherCheck on Amazon
A powerful and compact pressure washer, the Ryobi 2000 is a perfect product to have around your home. By far, it is one of the best builds we have ever seen—its body is strong, and the trolley that comes with it is durable.
What you will love about this product is that it is a telescopic handle. There are also two wheels that are big enough to support the weight of the machine. As such, it is easy to transport.
- Adjustable PSI – the machine can generate 2000 PSI at 1.2 GPM, but you can adjust this if you want to use it for car detailing.
- Storage – there is a dedicated storage for the hose at the back. There is also a storage for the nozzles.
- Great Design – the hose inlet that connects to the faucet is located at the back, while the hose outlet for dispersing water is at the front. It is a good design because the hoses do not have to wrap around each other.
- Telescoping Handle – the handle can be adjusted in height. It is like a luggage handle; tall guys do not have to stoop down to push or pull the trolley of the pressure washer. The telescopic handle also has a clickable button to lock it in.
- High-Pressure Hose – the hose does not bend.
- Easy to Connect – from the wand to the extension to the nozzle, everything was designed for quick connections.
- Turbo Nozzle – there is an extra nozzle that has an offset. When you spray, it gives you an oscillation which makes it easier to clean.
- Easy to carry and lug around
- It has a powerful motor
- The build is durable
- There is a turbo nozzle that increases the water force
- The tank is on board and cannot be removed
- Expensive for a home pressure washer
- The telescopic handle can get stuck
Buy this product if you want more power. In addition to the 2000 PSI, it has a powerful turbo nozzle, which gives the water more pressure upon impact on the surface. The machine also comes with a nozzle and hose storage.
Lastly, like many Ryobi products, this one is backed by a three-year warranty. Most competitors will only give you a warranty for two years, but this one will support you longer. The warranty covers machine failure or product defects. Like other companies, Ryobi will not cover replacement for regular wear and tear.
Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: Ryobi 2,300 PSI 1.2 GPM High Performance Electric Pressure WasherCheck on Amazon
This model is crafted for residential use and yet it is capable of handling the toughest jobs. The pressure washer has a 13-AMP motor that can deliver 2300 PSI at 1.2 GPM. The motor is also brushless, which means the machine has longevity.
The design is effective, but then it looks like a stroller. What you will love about this is that Ryobi has seemingly taken the Turbo Nozzle to heart. Like the previous model, the turbo nozzle can give you 50% more power.
- High-Power – the machine will give you 2300 PSI, which is great for cleaning driveways and patios. It can remove stubborn dirt. Despite its power, it is just adequate enough to remove dirt but not tear away paint.
- 3-Year Warranty – Ryobi backs this product up for three years. Of course, the warranty is limited and does not cover regular wear and tear.
- Performance Tested – the machine went through testing and passed the PWMA standards.
- Brushless Motor – the motors do not create friction against each other. As such, it does not wear out easily.
- High-Pressure Hose – the hose is for professional use and will not easily clip or fold.
Quick Connect – the connectors are easy to use. They have a standard size of a quarter inch. Any brand will work, so you do not have to buy Ryobi only
- Has onboard storage for accessories
- The wand is made of metal, not plastic
- Easy to push and pull because of the large wheels
- The soap dispenser is plastic
- It only comes with two nozzles
- Both hose outlets are on the side
While this washer is on the pricey side, it does an excellent job. We can say that Ryobi nailed this one. From the design to the function, it is perfect.
We strongly recommend this if you want a pressure washer that will last long. Th build is sturdy, and even the tip holder is made of steel, not plastic. It is a rare thing to see now from these kinds of tools.
As far as the warranty goes, the Ryobi gives three years of warranty for three years only if you use it for residential purposes. If you use it for commercial purposes, the warranty is only for 90 days. It does not seem like there is a limit to the warranty of the accessories.
Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: Ryobi 1,600-PSI 1.2-GPM Electric Pressure Washer (Model RY141612)Check on Amazon
This model of pressure washer combines comfort and versatility. Although it only sports 1600 PSI, it does perform optimally for home use. We recommend it for cleaning bikes, campers, cars, and even patio furniture.
The difference between this and the previous products we reviewed is that this one has three nozzles, not two. It also has the signature Ryobi turbo nozzle, which gives you 50% more pressure and power.
- 3 Nozzles – all the nozzles are quick-connect types. You will get 15 degrees, a soap nozzle, and a turbo nozzle. Use the turbo nozzle for faster cleaning.
- Compact – the item weighs only 16 pounds, and the product dimension is merely 12.5 x 9.5 inches. It is as big as a ruler. As such, it is easy to carry around.
- Spray Wand – even if it is a compact model, the washer still comes with a spray wand
- Adequate Power – the capacity is 1600 PSI at 1.2 GPM. Even high-powered machines use 1.2 GPM. Because of this, the pressure washer can help you clean your car without scratching it, and you can also save water.
- Compact design
- Easy to carry
- Works best for cars and light-duty cleaning
- No wheels
- No hose storage
This is the best electric pressure washer that you can buy if you want a small one, especially so if your only purpose is to clean your car.
Like all Ryobi products, this one comes with a warranty of three years. Our verdict is that this product will do its job with no complications. It is a pressure washer that you must buy if you want something that is simple to use.
Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: What Makes Ryobi Great?
Greenworks vs Ryobi pressure washer: is Ryobi better and more dependable? What makes Ryobi great is its tenure in the industry. It has been around for over 50 years, which means that by now, they are experts at what they do.
You will also appreciate that while Ryobi is not a top-end brand, it does deliver what it promises. It makes reliable and dependable tools that they will offer you with a warranty. A warranty on a pressure washer for two years is uncommon.
Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer: What is the Better Option?
Greenworks vs Ryobi pressure washer: what should you buy? The better option, generally speaking, is Greenworks. While Ryobi is a good brand, its products are expensive.
We are not saying that Ryobi is a bad brand. It’s just that if you will buy something for home use, you want to get something that works but will not break the bank, which is what Greenworks does.
Greenworks has many pressure washer models that you can choose from. However, the best are the ones that we have here on our list.
Summary: Greenworks vs Ryobi Pressure Washer
We have now come to the end of the Greenworks vs Ryobi pressure washer debate. Both products are efficient. However, Ryobi is leaning towards the expensive side. It is probably because they offer a warranty, and that many of their products come from Japan (but then they have a plant in the US).
If budget is an issue, then we recommend that you go with Greenworks. If you want something that is close to a top brand and money is not an object, then Ryobi is the way to go.