When looking for the best pressure washer for boats, which pressure washer should you buy, and how should you make a choice? To help you out, we drilled down the top choices in the market to the five best machines that will make cleaning your boat a breeze.
Our basis for selection are price, durability, and reliability of the pressure washers.
In the end, you should be able to make an informed decision as to which power washer for boats is the best for you.
Image by Brian Kelley | (CC BY-SA 2.0).
Why Should You Buy the Best Pressure Washer for Boats?
Before delving into our guide to the best pressure washer for boats, let’s first discuss the reasons for buying such a machine.
For freshwater boats, you will deal with grime, algae and dirt. Cleaning the boat by hand is a tedious ordeal, much like washing a car.
Boats do not come without pains. Even if boats use a special kind of paint, both saltwater and freshwater can damage your boat. At best, you must wash it, remove salt and reduce the likelihood of rust.
Pressure cleaning is the most efficient and effective way to wash boats. With the best pressure washer for boats, you can choose from several nozzles and use the right one for rinsing and soaping.
Best Pressure Washer for Boats
1. Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric High Pressure Washer, Cleans Cars/Fences/PatiosCheck on Amazon
The Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max is an electric pressure washer that works best for small to mid-sized jobs. While it is not for the cleaning professional, it does have the power to efficiently handle boat-cleaning tasks. Read on for why this can be considered the best pressure washer for boats.
- Powerful Motor – the motor uses 14.5 AMP, generating 1800 watts of power. As such, it can produce 2030 PSI of water at 1.76 gallons per minute. This power should be more than enough to clean a boat without damaging it.
- Versatility – it has two detergent tanks, and each can accommodate about 1 liter. Unlike most pressure washers, you do not have to buy a separate container. You also do not need connector accessories to access the tanks.
- Auto-Pump Shut Down – the system automatically shuts the pump when the trigger is not engaged. It helps save electricity. Since the pump only works when in actual use, this automation also helps prolong the machine’s life.
- Electric – for as long as there is no power outage, you can keep cleaning your boat. Unlike gas-powered pressure washers, it does save you the headache of refilling.
Pros of the Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max
- Backed by customer guarantee of Sun Joe; the warranty is two years
- Has dual detergent tanks that can house different detergents or solvents
- Easy to assemble out of the box
- Accessories are made of heavy-duty plastic
- The spray wand is metal
Cons of the Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max
- Has overheating problems; use it no more than two hours
- The hose is short; you only get 20 feet of hose
- It cannot be used for heavy-duty cleaning
The Sun Joe pressure washer is quiet. It does produce a sound, but not as deafening as gas-powered ones. The pressure washer is also sold at a highly affordable price, making it one of the best options out there for cleaning boats.
2. RYOBI RY1419MTVNM 1900 PSI 1.2 GPM Cold Water Wheeled Electric Pressure WasherCheck on Amazon
This washer is electric, and what it offers is portability. It is lightweight, and yet it is a durable product—something we can always expect from Ryobi. In addition, the frame comes with two wheels, making it easier to move around. This is something we value when looking for the best pressure washer for boats.
- Built-in Roll Cage – by design, there are provisions for the washer to mount the washing gun and the wand. The same goes with the hose—there are hooks that allow you to roll the hose for easy storage.
- Quick Connect – it is easy to connect the wand with the gun. They are not threaded. Instead, you just need to align the tabs, press them together, and turn to lock them into place. The nozzles also use the same connection type.
- Spray Nozzles – the set comes with three types of nozzles. These are the 15-degree nozzle, the turbo nozzle, and a soap nozzle. The 15-degree nozzle is what produces 1900 PSI of water action. These three should be enough to wash your boat—no need to buy extra nozzles.
Pros of RYOBI RY1419MTVNM
- Unit is lightweight; there is also a telescoping handle (like handles in luggage) that makes it easy to pull or push around
- Automatic on and off; the pump does not work if you are not pulling the trigger
- It comes with a soap tank and soap injection features
- Uses 13 AMP universal motor; coupled with its PSI and GPN, it comes up to 2280 Cleaning Units
Cons of RYOBI RY1419MTVNM
- Turbo nozzle is not ideal for siding, gutters, fencing, decks and patios
- No pressure control system; pressure depends on the nozzle you use
Ryobi is one serious consideration if you want the best pressure washer for your boat. It comes with 35 feet of hose and a safety trigger lock that prevents it from operating accidentally. The set also comes with a wand and spray gun.
3. PAXCESS Electric Pressure Washer 2150 PSI 1.6 GPM High Pressure Power Washer Surface Cleaner with All in One Adjustable Spray Nozzle Foam Cannon for Car, Home, Driveway, PatioCheck on Amazon
The PAXCESS is the best pressure washer for boats that can suck water from just about any source. You can drop the intake hose in a barrel or connect the intake hose to a water source—it is up to you. But if you need a pressure washer that works despite the absence of a faucet, then this is what you have to buy.
- Packs Power – the pressure washer packs an 1800-watt motor, making it capable of delivering up to 3,000 PSI at 2.5 GPM. It can remove heavy stains from your boat and even rust from steel.
- 5 Cleaning Modes – there are four metal spray nozzles that you can interchange to adjust the width of the spray. It also has a detergent tank for easy soap application.
- Total Stop System – the washer does not pump if the spray gun is not triggered. It helps prolong the motor’s life as it shuts down automatically when not in use, even if it is turned on.
Pros of PAXCESS Electric Pressure Washer 3000 PSI
- Hose Wheel – it comes with a wheel where you can roll the hose and store it. Upon purchase, you get a 26-foot hose, too
- Long Cord – the electric cord is 35 feet long, making it possible to leave it at a safe distance; you can also pull it far from the socket if you need to.
Cons of PAXCESS Electric Pressure Washer 3000 PSI
- It can be complicated to assemble as it comes with many parts
- Power may fluctuate from time to time
- Several parts are made of economical plastic material
There are four nozzles that come out of the box. These are 9 degrees, 15 degrees, 25 degrees and 40 degrees, and there is a provision in the pressure washer to insert the nozzle when not in use. You can tuck the nozzles tightly and not lose them.
4. WORX WG604 1600 Max PSI 13A Pressure Washer with Rolling Cart, Black and OrangeCheck on Amazon
This electric washer looks a little different because the body is horizontal, not vertical. Above the motor is a wheel to roll the hose for storage. This pressure washer has a maximum PSI of 2,240 and a GPM of 1.93.
- Integrated Soap Tank – the tank accommodates 42 ounces of liquid, and it has a cap designed to adjust the flow rate of the detergent.
- Durable Frame – the cart and support structure are made of metal, not plastic
- High Pressure – the low 1600 PSI and 1.3 GPM should not fool you; this pressure washer has enough power that you can also use it on concrete, brick, and even masonry.
- Onboard storage – all parts have provisions for storage; you do not need to keep the nozzles in boxes after use.
- Four nozzles – you get 25 degrees, 40 degrees, a turbo nozzle, and a soap nozzle; there is no need to purchase an extra, except if you need a 0-degree nozzle.
Pros of WORX WG604
- High pressure; can be used not only for boats but also tough jobs like concrete and masonry
- Easy to move around with its two wheels
- Has an onboard hose reel
- Has accessory slots and an integrated wrap for the cord
Cons of WORX WG604
- The hose is stiff, so it will kink as you wrap it around the wheel
- The washing hose is made of plastic, not rubber
Overall, this model offers efficient performance and durability. This is why it made it into our list of machines to consider when looking for the best pressure washer for boats. It is an excellent option for boats, but you can also use it for other cleaning projects. It is best suited for small jobs, not professional ones, but it is an excellent machine to have.
5. Karcher K 4 1900 PSI Electric Power Induction Pressure Washer with Vario & Dirtblaster Spray Wands, 1.5 GPM, YellowCheck on Amazon
Though a little bulky, Karcher is one of the most popular pressure washer brands that you can depend on. It packs 1900 PSI and 1.5 GPM, making it an effective pressure washer for boats. You can also use it to clean your patio and deck. This Karcher pressure washer is an impressive choice when narrowing down to the best pressure washer for boats.
- VarioPower – you can adjust the spray width from the spray wand; there is no need to replace nozzles
- DirtBlaster – a patented and trademarked wand of Karcher which produces high pressure to get the job done at half the time
- N-COR Pump – a pump that only KARCHER uses; it is durable and non-corrosive, which makes it maintenance-free.
- Soap Dial – the soap or detergent tank has a dial, which allows you to adjust the amount of soap the washer is dispensing.
Pros of the KARCHER K4
- Convenient design that makes it easy to lug around
- It comes with spray lances
- Has an onboard detergent tank
- It comes with a 2-year limited warranty upon purchase
Cons of the KARCHER K4
- Connectors are made of plastic, which may require gaskets to ensure a tight seal
- Connectors are not standard, so you will need adapters for your hoses
The Karcher K4 tackles hard jobs and provides superb cleaning power. This particular model has a patented induction motor that is water-cooled, making it last p to 5 times longer than most pressure washers. If you are looking for the best pressure washer for boats, this is a great choice.
How to Choose the Best Pressure Washer for Boats
Now that you have seen our best picks regarding the best pressure washer for boats, how should you choose? Below are some tips that will help you make a decision.
- Price – choose one that is friendly to your pocket; there are many pressure washers out there, but there is really no need to spend so much money for boat washing. Expensive pressure washers are for professional use.
- Power Balance – pick one that is above the 1,000 PSI range. If the PSI is too low, it would feel like you are using a garden hose and you do not want that. On the other hand, you do not want too much pressure, as it can damage the paint.
- Accessories – pick the product that offers the most accessories, especially those that have a detergent tank or a soap nozzle. These features come in handy so you do not have to buy them separately.
- Choose Electric – gas-powered washers are excellent if you will use them in a place without access to power. However, electric washers are the way to go if your boat is in your garage. Electric pressure washers are great for continuous use, and they are more silent than gas-powered ones.
When selecting the best pressure washer for boats, pick a pressure washer that is Medium Duty. Heavy-duty washers are for professionals, but light-duty ones may not be able to do the job. Medium duty washers are those that are in the 1,800 PSI to 3,000 PSI range.
Lastly, it is up to you to choose cold water or hot water pressure washers. Hot washers clean better, but they are much more difficult to operate.
Summary: Best Pressure Washer for Boats
Every washer on our list is a good buy. At this point, the best pressure washer for boats is the one that fits your budget. As you may have observed, all these have minimal pressure, and we chose these pressure washers because they cannot damage your boat.
This guide to the best pressure washer for boats that we have here is excellent for beginners. It takes only a little time to assemble them, and anyone can do it even without prior experience in using pressure washers.